In winter there is a daily boat service on Lake Thun between Thun and Interlaken West. Fall under the spell of the imposing landscapes that surround you on your trip on the winter boat. The snow-capped peaks and the sparkling natural surroundings create a fairytale atmosphere. See for yourself and book your unique experience.
Ahoy there and welcome aboard! Deep-blue waters, year-round snow-covered mountain peaks and a cool breeze in your face – when will you enjoy an enchanting winter cruise on Lake Thun? The soothing silence on the water really allows you to unwind, relax and let your mind wander. Discover the lake’s magical atmosphere for yourself and immerse yourself in the sparkling natural landscape. The Lake Thun cruise takes you past picturesque fishing villages and castles steeped in history. Wrapped up warmly in your winter coat and a woollen blanket, admire the passing winter landscapes and the majestic mountain panorama.
Too cold for you outside? Just step into the boat’s heated interior, where there are plenty of window seats. The boat’s galley will satisfy your culinary needs. Why not take the time to discover also the delightful special trips
during the cold season? Take an unforgettable trip for two, alone, with your family or with friends. The fairytale winter atmosphere on Lake Thun is guaranteed to put you under its spell.
Your highlights at a glance
- Relax on the deep-blue waters of Lake Thun
- Snow-crested peaks and wintry natural surroundings
- Atmospheric ambience and the silence on the water
- Culinary highlights in the on-board restaurant
- Unforgettable special and evening trips available
- The superb Lake Thun Brunch is available every Sunday on round trips from Thun to Spiez and back
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “The stunning natural surroundings and the glistening snow-covered fir trees add a touch of romance. I feel wonderfully relaxed and enjoy the magical atmosphere as the boat glides across the lake.”
- The winter cruises operate from mid-November (in 2020 from 19 October) to the end of March
- Daily trips between Interlaken West and Thun; consult the timetable
- Tickets available at the Tourist Office, at the jetties and on board the boats
- Point-to-point journeys, half-day or full-day excursions available