Discover picturesque Unterseen Old Town’s many interesting and historical sights. Leisurely strolls along the Aare, a visit to the Tourismuseum and time spent relaxing on the sun terrace of a restaurant on the Stadthausplatz await you.
Find peace and quiet in pretty Unterseen Old Town, only a few steps from the colourful hustle and bustle along the Höheweg. At the heart of the old town is the Stadthausplatz, in the middle of which is the imposing Stadthaus building. It’s the perfect place to treat yourself to some culinary delights! The square is also the home of a variety of other charming restaurants and cafés that are perfect for unwinding and relaxing. Its historic houses and impressive church tower make for great photos and have many interesting stories to tell. For example, visit the archaeological cellar, which is only a short walk from the picturesque town square, or the Tourismuseum, which recounts the beginnings and history of tourism in Interlaken over two floors. The Stadtkeller hosts regular cultural events, which are made even more impressive by the imposing atmosphere of the vaulted cellar. A place where the old and the new meet. Prefer something a little more relaxing? Why not take a restorative stroll along the Aare and enjoy its wonderful views?
Your highlights at a glance
- Tourismuseum – everything you need to know about the history of tourism in Interlaken
- Stadtkeller with regular musical performances and theatrical events
- Imposing archaeological cellar
- Tea house with a large variety of teas and inviting restaurants
- Strolls along the River Aare
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“As a culture fan, my insider tip is a visit to the Stadtkeller. The small-scale theatrical and musical events are fantastic, particularly when set against the building’s very special ambience."
- Check the opening hours of the Tourismuseum
- You can find out more about the events in the Stadtkeller online or at the tourist information office
- Reserving a table in restaurants is recommended at peak times