Paddling on a surfski represents the ultimate paddling experience for young and old alike. The water might be smooth or choppy and the wind calm or stormy. No matter – surfskiing is great fun, whatever the conditions. After a brief introduction, you’ll soon be gliding across Lake Thun at high speed. The local provider Surfskipoint has five locations on Lake Thun.
It's best to enquire online about the right offer for you. Rent a surfski at one of the following locations or book a guided tour:
A surfski is longer and wider than a racing kayak, but far more manoeuvrable thanks to its higher buoyancy and unique shape. During a short introduction, you will learn the right way to paddle, how to position yourself correctly on the surfski and how to steer with your feet. One thing’s for certain: you're guaranteed to have lots of fun and an optimal whole-body workout. Following a little silent gliding over the water, the wind begins to pick up and the waves get bigger. That's when the adventure on the lake really begins! Bounce over the waves in style.
Would you like to share this unique experience with your friends? Together with your group, enjoy a guided tour on the beautiful Lake Thun. Surfskiing will keep both your body and your mind fit. Create unforgettable memories on the water against a backdrop of majestic mountains.
Your highlights at a glance
- Five surfski points on Lake Thun
- Introductory course, guided tours and team events available
- Ideal whole-body workout in beautiful surroundings
- Plenty of fun guaranteed!
- Glide over the water, regardless of the weather conditions
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip«When the day awakens,I glide over the unique Lake Thun on my surfskis and enjoy the breathtaking mountain panorama. I recharged my batteries and felt full of energy.»
- You are sporty and can swim
- Short introduction when hiring a surfski for the first time
- Bring swimwear, warm clothes and sun protection
- All courses include a guide, use of surfskis, paddles and life jackets
- Toilets on site
- Observe the rules of conduct at sea, course boats always have right of way
- You are not allowed to paddle in nature reserves