Paddling on a surfski represents the ultimate paddling experience for young and old alike. The water might be smooth or choppy and the wind calm or stormy. No matter – surfskiing is great fun, whatever the conditions. After a brief introductory course, you’ll soon be gliding across Lake Thun or Lake Brienz at high speed. Suarfskipoint has three locations on Lake Thun and a hire point on Lake Brienz.
You can hire a surfski at four locations on Lakes Thun and Brienz. Find out about surfskiing at:
- Badhuus Gunten
- TCS Camping Thun
- Strandbad Leissigen
- TCS Camping Interlaken / Riverlodge in Interlaken
A surfski is longer and wider than a racing kayak, but more manoeuvrable thanks to its higher buoyancy and unique shape. The obligatory introductory course will teach you the right way to paddle, how to position yourself correctly on the surfski and how to steer with your feet. You will then practice on the water, where you will be taught the knowledge you will need, along with important tips and tricks. One thing’s for certain: you're guaranteed to have lots of fun and an optimal whole-body workout. Following a little silent gliding over the water, the wind begins to pick up and the waves get bigger. That's when the adventure on the lake really begins! Bounce over the waves in style.
Would you like to share this unique experience with your friends? Together with your group, enjoy a guided tour on the turquoise waters of Lake Brienz, paddle towards the full moon on Lake Thun or watch the sun disappear behind the mountains on the sunset tour. Surfskiing will keep both your body and your mind fit. Create unforgettable memories on the water against a backdrop of majestic mountains.
Your highlights at a glance
- Five surfski points on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz
- Introductory course and guided tours available
- Ideal whole-body workout on the water
- Plenty of fun guaranteed!
- Glide over the water, regardless of the weather conditions
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “After an eventful day I surfed across the waves with the help of a tailwind and enjoyed the wind and water. I recharged my batteries and felt full of energy.”
- Compulsory basic course when hiring a surfski for the first time
- Please note the seasonal opening times of the Surfskipoints
- Bring your swimsuit
- All courses include a guide, use of surfskis, paddles and life jackets
- Changing room, toilets and shower on site