The Schwäbis River Pool is a family-friendly outdoor swimming pool owned by the town of Thun and has welcomed bathers on the River Aare during the summer months since 1884. Those who prefer to take it easy can sit in the restaurant on the bank of the Aare or rent a deckchair to enjoy the sun.
The Schwäbis River Pool is open daily during the summer months (May to September). There is a short, quiet section of the Aare in which you can swim. The swimming pool has separate sections for swimmers and non-swimmers. The Schwäbis River Pool also has a paddling pool, slide and sandpit for children. There is also a play area with table tennis tables – table tennis bats can be hired for a fee. Would you like to relax on the Aare? Then why not hire a comfortable deckchair and a beach parasol?
Your highlights at a glance
- Swimming in the River Aare
- Restaurant with seating right on the riverbank
- Paddling pool, slide and sandpit for children
- Table tennis available
- Deckchairs, beach parasols, seasonal cabins and lockers for valuables can be hired
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"The Schwäbis River Pool is exactly what I want on a hot summer’s day. Jumping into the refreshing water of the Aare and drifting along with its current is guaranteed to cool you off."
- Take your swimming trunks or your swimsuit with you
- Don’t forget sun protection
- Bring money for the entrance fee: Adults: CHF 4.50, Children: CHF 2.50, Students/AHV: CHF 3.50
- Please note the seasonal opening hours from May to September