Take a relaxing stroll through the Spiez vineyard or walk to one of Spiez’s most beautiful places of strength. Surrounded by the tranquillity of nature, you can recharge your batteries and unwind with a cosy picnic. Reserve a picnic basket or backpack full of fine cheese, sausage and Spiez wine.
On your walk through the Spiez vineyard, treat yourself to a delicious picnic with a panoramic view of the formidable pyramid-shaped Niesen and its surrounding peaks. The sparkling waters of Lake Thun round off the captivating vista. Comfy benches tempt you to stop and stay for a while. As an alternative to a tour of the Spiez vineyard, Spiez offers an array of wonderful places of strength to explore. Walk to the Katzenstein, along the lakeside path or recharge at the castle church. Discover the Spiez picnic basket and picnic backpack. The combination of nature, tranquillity and good food simply does you good. Combine your picnic outing with a trip to the castle, a boat trip on Lake Thun or a game of mini golf in Spiez Bay.
Your taste experience to go
In the regional bakery, you can preorder and pick up a tasty picnic, turning your trip into a culinary experience right in the heart of nature. Treat yourself to fresh regional produce such as delicate mountain cheese or premium dried sausage. The basket also contains a bottle of sparkling Spiez wine: and where better to sample it than among the vines it was grown on? Create your own picnic basket and get a taste of the region’s diverse produce. The picnic basket can also be ordered as a backpack so it’s more comfortable to carry.
Your highlights at a glance
- You can sample regional produce in their place of origin
- Short distances from the bakery to the places of strength
- Awe-inspiring panorama of the mountain and lake landscape
- The picnic can be combined with other activities
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"There’s nothing nicer than spending some time sitting on a bench in the Spiez vineyard enjoying delicious regional specialities and gazing across the lake to the mountains. Nothing could encapsulate the holiday mood better than that!"
- Must be prebooked (12 hours in advance)
- Orders can be placed by phoning or emailing branches of Binoth (info@binoth) or the Info Center Spiez (email@example.com)
- Please make a note of the bakery’s opening hours
- The picnic backpack is easier to carry than the basket