Enjoy a memorable trip to the Pfingstegg above Grindelwald. The cable car transports you quickly and conveniently to the summit station. Once at the summit, visitors can enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, a fast toboggan run, treasure hunt with playground and the worldwide unique Fly-Line.
From Grindelwald, Pfingstegg is reached by cable car. This family-friendly day-trip destination awaits discovery amid the sensational mountain scenery of the Jungfrau region. The Pfingstegg is the ideal starting point for memorable hikes to the imposing Grindelwald glacier as well as exhilarating descents of the summer toboggan run. Brand new and unique, the Fly-Line takes you on a decelerating ride through the forest. Admire breathtaking views of Grindelwald and the surrounding peaks as you go. Enjoy a good meal in the mountain restaurant while the children run around in the playground. Want to get active in natural surroundings? Walk to the upper or lower Grindelwald glacier to discover a world of ice and rock at close quarters. For a special experience, try the unique Sky Dinner: subject to prior registration, the gondola car transforms into a moving temple of gourmet delight for an evening. As you ascend the mountain, you enjoy an aperitif as you hang in the air; this is followed by the main course in the mountain restaurant, and a fine dessert served on the way back down. More information on this special culinary experience is available from the Pfingstegg cable car station.
Your highlights at a glance
- Action and excitement on the summer toboggan run
- Deceleration and recovery on the new Fly-Line
- Children's playground, treasure hunt and fire pit for an unforgettable time with the family
- Beautiful walks to the Grindelwald glacier
- Mountain restaurant with sun terrace and wonderfully panoramic views
- Sky Dinner or Candle Light Dinner at a dizzy height
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"My family has great memories of our outing to the Pfingstegg. We cooked cervelats over the flame, had fun in the kids’ playground and raced down the toboggan run through a natural paradise."
- Open from May to October
- Check the operating times of the cable car
- Parking available at the base station of the Pfingstegg cable car
- Register in advance for an exclusive Sky Dinner