Dittlig mill has been grinding grain into flour since the mid-19th century. However, in recent years, the original water-wheel-and-millstone mill has been transformed into a modern production facility. This fusion of cutting-edge technology and ancient craftsmanship can be experienced here at Switzerland’s first show mill.
Take an individual tour of the mill. A 15-minute video explains how grain is transformed into flour, while the information panels in the visitor corridor give a fascinating insight into the life of the mill. You can also watch a live demonstration of the processes you saw earlier in the video. How about a refreshment in the antique-style bistro? The charming bistro is situated on the mill’s old grinding floor. Relax in the old grinding floor or on the sun terrace with a selection of produce from the Gantrisch Nature Park.
Your highlights at a glance
- Switzerland’s first modern show mill
- Antique-style bistro and sun terrace on the old grinding floor
- Regional produce from the Gantrisch Nature Park
- A variety of offers for groups
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “I highly recommend the bistro’s Mühliplättli platter with regional sausage and Gantrisch cheese. And the Mühlibrötli rolls...they’re made fresh on site and are a real treat for the taste buds!”
- Please note the opening times
- Prior registration is required for groups of 10 or more
- Operating times vary. Increased noise in the visitor corridor when the mill is in operation
- Visitor corridor is unheated
- Antique-style bistro and video room are accessible; the show mill itself is not accessible