Learn about different aspects of sailing on a guided sailing trip or sailing course. Share the skipper’s passion and experience the elements of wind and water as you take the helm.
The oldest and largest sailing school in Switzerland has locations in Hilterfingen and Spiez, two centres that share an idyllic location beside Lake Thun and magnificent views of the neighbouring mountain landscape. Has sailing a large boat been your lifelong dream? Does getting wet in a dinghy sound like fun? Then come and discover the different sailing opportunities available at Lake Thun Sailing School. The school has 50+ sailing boats, of all types and sizes, and a wide selection of craft to rent. Whether you’re learning the sailing basics or preparing for the sailing exam, you'll end up sharing the passion that the 50+ instructors have for this sport. The wide range of courses on offer includes taster days for the curious, special courses for regatta sailors, Optimist courses for children and preparation sessions for deep-sea sailing.
Guided sailing trips are available every Thursday. Enjoy an unforgettable sunset sailing experience. as you sail with an experienced skipper against the backdrop of the Bernese Alps. Be inspired by the elements of wind and water.
Your highlights at a glance
- Wide selection of sailing craft to rent
- Sail against the backdrop of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau peaks
- Optimum wind conditions on Lake Thun
- Guided sailing trips every Thursday, no prior experience necessary
- Motorboat courses also available
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “I discovered a new passion when I took the basic course at Lake Thun Sailing School. The wind, water and amazing mountain scenery had a profound effect on me.”
- Check the opening times for each location
- Reserve sailing courses and rental sailing boats in advance
- Bring your windcheater and some dry clothes
- Sun screen is essential when out on the water
- Observe traffic rules on the lake