Horse-drawn carriages are every bit as much of the Interlaken townscape as the Höhematte and views of the Jungfrau. Take a trip around the old town of Unterseen and see the sights on a comfortable horse-drawn carriage ride.
Ride through Interlaken in a horse-drawn carriage from the Voegeli riding school or Rossel Kutschenbetrieb and enjoy the view of the Jungfrau range – just as people did more than a century ago. The round trip takes between 30 minutes and one hour. The horse-drawn carriages on Höheweg can be seen from a distance. An experienced coachman will help you climb into your classy, comfortable conveyance. Along the way, see sights like the Japanese Garden, Interlaken Castle and the picturesque old town of Unterseen. For a unique experience ride the Bödeli tram, which is pulled by two horses and offers space for 15 persons. Want to rent a carriage for a special event? Alongside traditional riding lessons and horse boarding, the Voegeli riding school offers individual carriage rides for birthdays, weddings and other celebrations.
Your highlights at a glance
- Horse-drawn carriage rides against the most beautiful mountain panorama in Interlaken
- Rent a horse-drawn carriage for your personal celebration
- Unique horse-drawn Bödeli tram runs from May to October
- Riding lessons for beginners and advanced riders at the Voegeli riding school
- Horse boarding at the Voegeli riding school
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"My family and I enjoyed a horse-drawn carriage ride around Interlaken, the children happily waving at curious passers-by on the roadside."
- Take a spontaneous horse-drawn carriage ride to the Höhematte in Interlaken
- Round trips through Interlaken take between 30 minutes and one hour
- Bring cash to pay for the carriage ride