Ski or snowboard in the Hohwald skiing area, which welcomes families. The ski lift of the same name opens up the compact but beautiful area, taking you up the mountain to the start point for descents. Visitors can look forward to three different slopes, a rustic mountain hut serving food and a kids’ winter paradise with two button lifts.
At 1,300 metres above sea level, the family-friendly Hohwald skiing area, accessed via the lift of the same name, invites you to experience unforgettable days of winter sports in magical surroundings. Enjoy relaxing times amid rolling hills and snow-laden forests. The uniquely panoramic views of the Bernese Oberland peaks and the deep blue of Lake Thun will take your breath away. Ascend the mountain via the Hohwald T-bar lift before traversing your way down the perfect pistes. Easy descents and a family-friendly atmosphere guarantee snowy enjoyment for visitors of all ages. With three slopes, the skiing area is also a training ground for the Beatenberg ski school. Next to the base station of the Hohwald T-bar lift is a winter paradise for children: two small button lifts, a playground and a sledging run complete the picture. Enjoy the invigorating mountain air, the picture-book panorama and sample the magic of a mountain hut as you relax on the sun terrace or treat yourself to fine Swiss specialities at the Hohwald cabin.
Your highlights at a glance
- Magical skiing area for families with wonderfully panoramic mountain views
- Hohwald T-bar lift provides access to three pistes
- Winter wonderland for kids with two button lifts, a playground and a small sledging run
- Training ground of the Beatenberg ski school
- Rustic mountain hut serving food with spacious sun terrace
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"I was impressed by the welcoming, family-friendly ambience of the Hohwald skiing area. My children attended the ski school while I relaxed on the beautiful sun terrace of the delightful mountain hut."
- Skiing area open from December to the end of the season (depending on snow volume)
- Wear winter sports clothes and bring ski equipment, or enquire about rentals in advance
- Helmets are always advisable when engaging in winter sports
- Book lessons at the Beatenberg ski school early (if needed)
- Accessible by car or bus