Discover 28 signposted historic buildings in the centre of Thun. Take a personal tour of town: the multi-lingual information brochure shows you the way to various buildings. Along the way, you will learn much of interest on the history of Thun through its structures.
Did you know you can still find a 13th century town gate complete with archway in Thun, or that Scherzligen church has beautiful paintings dating from the 13th to the 16th centuries? On your historic tour, you will pick up interesting facts on many of the town’s majestic buildings. The Berntorscheune, for example, still stands as the last example of an agricultural structure within the town walls; elsewhere you come to the Thunerhof, built as a grand hotel in 1875. If you find this kind of background detail interesting, you will love this history-steeped tour. The convenient brochure lists many absorbing facts on various buildings around the centre of Thun. Stroll around town on your journey through time, and learn more about the buildings of Thun.
Your highlights at a glance
- 28 information boards provide interesting details on historic buildings
- Take a walk while discovering the history of Thun
- Pick up your brochure on the historic structures from the Welcome Centre or download it here
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"Armed with a brochure on the historic buildings, I took a tour of discovery around Thun. Thanks to the wealth of historical information, my walk around the town centre was fascinating."
- The tour is outdoor. Comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather are recommended
- Brochures available in German, French and English