Every Thursday evening, Lake Thun sailing school offers an introduction to the world of sailing. Enjoy the delightful evening atmosphere and mountain views as you sail into the sunset. On this guided sailing trip, you’ll be taking control of the helm yourself.
The oldest and largest sailing school in Switzerland has locations in Hilterfingen and Spiez, with both centres set in idyllic spots beside deep-blue Lake Thun. Every Thursday evening from spring to autumn you can enjoy a guided sailing trip with views of the impressive Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains. Under the guidance of a qualified skipper you can take the helm in your own hands and spend unforgettable moments in a magical atmosphere as you glide across Lake Thun. The sailing trip lasts around 1.5 hours. In strong winds, you'll ride over the splashing waves at high speed, while a gentle breeze will see you glide comfortably towards the spectacular sunset. After the sailing trip you can extend the fun with an aperitif in a historical boathouse.
Your highlights at a glance
- Sailing trip on a large yacht
- No prior sailing experience required
- Accompanied by an experienced skipper
- Take the helm in your own hands
- Enjoy an aperitif in the historical boathouse (by appointment only)
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“I’ve dreamt of taking the helm of a sailing boat into my own hands since I was a young boy. This dream came true thanks to this guided sailing trip on Lake Thun. It’s wonderful!”
- Reservations are recommended
- Wear and bring the right clothes for the conditions
- Pack sunscreen for sunny evening trips