Pull on your skates and make circles across the glittering artificial ice. The complex in Thun features two ice rinks, one covered and one open-air, where you can perfect your technique and practice elaborate spins. If you fancy a game of curling, rinks are available in the curling hall next door.
Explore Thun’s exciting skating and curling scene. The Grabengut artificial rink opens from mid-September to mid-March and is set in a unique historic location. The attractive facility is right in the heart of the town and situated below the magnificent Thun Castle. With two ice rinks, one covered and one open-air, fun and active relaxation are guaranteed. Hire a pair of skates and race across the smooth ice or explore at a more relaxed pace: The choice is yours. Ice hockey sticks and skating aids for kids are also available for hire. Want to challenge your friends to a game of curling? Then why not book a rink in the curling hall next door! Out on the ice, unforgettable experiences are not hard to come by.
Your highlights at a glance
- A covered ice rink for skating fun in all weather
- An open-air ice rink
- Hire skates, skating aids and ice hockey sticks (incl. puck) on site
- Central and historic location in the city of Thun
- Play a game of curling
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“The weather was a bit unpredictable, so I decided to pay a visit to the Grabengut artificial ice rink. I had the choice of skating inside or outside, depending on what the weather was doing at the time. It was great to mix things up a bit.”
- Check the opening times before your visit
- Bring your own skates or hire them on site
- Warm winter clothes and gloves recommended
- Make sure kids wear a protective helmet
- The rink must be reserved for ice hockey and curling