Fancy a romantic picnic for two, or spending an enjoyable day over the barbeque with the family? Bonstettenpark in Thun offers inviting barbecue points, green lawns and a kids’ playground. Take a stroll through the beautiful nature reserve and savour views of Lake Thun and a majestic mountain backdrop.
Bonstettenpark belongs to the town of Thun, a picturesque recreation area on the banks of deep blue Lake Thun that is open to the public all year round. Inviting barbecue points, green lawns and a kids’ adventure playground attract visitors of all ages. A small wood, several avenues and the nearby nature reserve of Gwattlischenmoos encourage visitors to take their time exploring. A long walk through tranquil Bonstettenpark and along Lake Thun is a captivating experience at any time of year. Numerous benches beneath shady trees provide places to rest.
In winter, prepare to be entranced by a landscape glittering with ice and illuminated white by the snowy peaks of the Bernese Oberland. In summer, a soft breeze ruffles your hair as you saunter over the wooden footbridge. The bridge, set against a majestic background of mountains, is a much-loved photo opportunity. Come and see for yourself on a day trip to an oasis of relaxation. Rent a bicycle from Donkey Republic in Thun or stroll from the centre of town to the park via the banks of the lake.
Your highlights at a glance
- Picturesque recreation area on Lake Thun
- Easy stroll from the centre of Thun to the park
- Experience a majestic mountain panorama in a natural paradise
- Enjoy picnics and barbecues
- Adventure playground for children
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"While the kids enjoyed the playground, I was able to relax on a bench with superb views of the mountain peaks. Bonstettenpark combines both relaxation and adventure. It’s wonderful!"
- The park is publicly accessible year round
- If you have plenty of time, bring a picnic or prepare a barbecue
- Wear good footwear and weatherproof clothing according to the season
- Keep your camera handy: the natural backdrop is breathtaking
- Simply enjoy your time