Begin your inflatable dinghy ride in Thun and glide through the crystal-clear waters of the Aare to Switzerland’s capital Bern. Jump into the river to cool off and feel the pleasant freshness of the water against your skin. Along the way, you can admire the beauty of the passing landscape. Trees line the riverbank and the high peaks of the Bernese Oberland rear up in the background.
Ready to cool off on a warm summer’s day? “Aarebötlä”, as the inflatable dinghy rides are affectionately known by the locals, is a popular summer pastime. Enjoy the boat ride from Thun in the company of professional guides and feel-good music. Along the way, you can watch the landscape as it passes you by, with its green trees, mountain backdrop and finally, the parliament building in Bern: the Federal Palace of Switzerland. Love barbecues? On request Outdoor Interlaken can organise a delicious barbecue on the banks of the Aare or even out on the water in the dinghy. Enjoy a fun and refreshing boat trip on the Aare!
Your highlights at a glance
- Take an inflatable dinghy from Thun to the Swiss capital Bern
- Enjoy a refreshing swim in the Aare en route
- On-board music
- Option to barbecue on the river or the bank
- Great summer experience for groups and families with kids from 8 years
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“Gliding through the crystal-clear waters of the Aare on this warm summer’s day was pure bliss. Every now and again, I cooled off with a swim in the river. Along the way, I had a view of the mountains in the distance and, on arriving in Bern, the historic Federal Palace of Switzerland.”
- The dinghy ride lasts 5 hours
- No prior experience needed
- Bring your bathing costume, waterproof camera and a change of clothes
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Private boat for 14 people or individual bookings available